All transfer applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript with proof of graduation indicated. Transfers are also required to send in transcripts from the university and/or any proprietary school that they have attended. The transcripts must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope.
CUNY college transcript (intra-CUNY transfer applicants only)
If you are currently enrolled at a CUNY college, do not send a paper copy of your transcript. Instead, an electronic version of your official CUNY transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after your Admission Application is submitted. In order to retrieve your transcript, your social security number or CUNY ID as indicated on your Admission Application must match the identification number listed on your CUNY college record. If there are stops and/or holds on your CUNY record, please resolve them with the Office of the Registrar at your CUNY college. Once the problem is resolved, we will then be able to electronically retrieve your transcript.
College, University and/or Proprietary School Transcript(s)
If you are currently attending or if you have ever attended a college, university or proprietary school, an official transcript is required for each school attended.
We define an official record as one that details your complete academic history (all years) while in attendance at a college, university or any postsecondary institution. These records must be sent directly to us from the issuing institution and/or examining body in a sealed, school-issued envelope and must include the following:
- Dates of enrollment, courses taken and marks, grades or ratings in each subject.
- Institutional grading scale or other standard(s) of evaluation.
- Recent signature and date by a school official and must include an original institutional seal. Accepted signatures include: the Registrar, Dean, Principal, Controller of Examinations, Ministry of Education, or another appropriate school official/office (varies by country).
We do not accept the following:
- Documents certified by a notary public, translator or commissioner of oaths.
- Photocopies or other duplications of a record such as notarized copies, faxed or scanned documents.
- You must request that your official transcript be sent directly from the college, university, and/or proprietary school to CUNY/UAPC.
Applying for Fall General Freshman Admission to Hunter?
To help us learn more about you and the positive impact that you will bring to our Hunter College community, we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences by responding to one of the following essay topics:
..we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences..
- Tell us about a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and how it impacted you personally. (250-600 words)
- Describe a specific interest or talent and how you have pursued it to date or wish to pursue it in the future. (250-600 words)
- Provide both an essay question and response that you already completed via The Common Application. (250-600 words)
Please note: This optional essay is intended for students applying for Fall General Freshman Admission only. If you are seeking admission to the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter, please go here for more information →
How to Submit Your Essay Response
All applicants who completed the CUNY Admission Application and selected Hunter College as one of their six choices will be invited to submit a supplemental essay response via email. Beginning Wednesday, November 1, 2017, essay invitations will be sent within 1-2 weeks of submitting the applicationwith instructions on how to submit the essay response through our online form.
Supplemental Essay Due Date
The essay is due by the Application Postmark Deadline of February 1, 2018. We will continue to accept essay responses on rolling basis as students submit the admission application, pending space is still available at the College.Please submit only one essay response. Multiple responses will not be considered.
Get Started Today!
While you are awaiting your essay invitation email, we strongly recommend that you take time now to begin crafting your Supplemental Essay Response. For some great tips on writing an effective application essay, go here →
Supplemental Essay FAQ
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions regarding the essay →